Last revised: Sept. 6, 2005
Welcome to our blog.
This blog is intended to serve as a discussion center for project managers of all kinds, and to be open to a wide variety of ideas and thinking. UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley is the primary author and responsible for establishing the initial blog topics for discussion. However, any view expressed here is solely that of the individual who wrote it, and only he or she is responsible for its content. Views expressed here do not represent the policies or positions of UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley.
People wishing to participate will need to register with us and login (below) to post a comment.
Also, blogs are by their nature, open, direct and often free-wheeling. Some individuals may post comments that you may deem to be misleading, inaccurate or even offensive. While the blogs are moderated, we will not control the content of every comment. We’re also not responsible or liable for other web sites and resources posted by bloggers.
We respectfully request that you not engage in business solicitations or any postings that would be deemed to be offensive and stick to the spirit of the site: to help others survive and thrive in a very tough field, and to do so in the spirit of a collaborative community.
Please read the following agreement carefully before signing on.
You agree to:
- Post comments in both tone and content that contribute in a positive way to the blog.
- Be responsible for all statements you make in the blog. You are solely responsible for the content, context and information in the comment you post.
- Grant UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display in whole or part worldwide and/or to incorporate any one of those comments in other works now or in the future.
- Maintain and keep your registration data updated and accurate.
- Provide your real email address. You can not register with a fake email address. If you are concerned about privacy, consider getting a free email account. (Note that email addresses are never shown to non-registered users.)
You agree not to:
- Register multiple times. All users are limited to one account.
- Expose personal information, such as an address and phone number, or posting someone else’s personal information.
- Post any comment that you either know or should know is false, deceptive or misleading, or misrepresent or deceive others as to the source, accuracy, integrity or completeness of any comment you post.
- Post any comment that is unlawful, harmful or injurious to others, threatening, abusive, offensive, harassing, derisive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hatefully, or racially/ ethnically objectionable.
- Post any comment that does or may invade the privacy or violate or infringe on any rights of others, including, without limitation, copyrights and other intellectual property rights.
- Impersonate any person, firm or entity, falsely or deceptively state, infer or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with or connection to any person, firm or entity.
- Post any comment which, either the act of posting or the comment itself, you do not have a right to do under any law, regulation or order of any court, or as a result of an employment, contractual, fiduciary or other legal obligation or relationship.
- Post any advertising, promotional materials or any other form of solicitation.
- Post any non-public or otherwise restricted, confidential or proprietary information without authorization.
- Violate any local, state, national or international law, regulation or order of any court.
These standards are designed to ensure that the dialogue on the Blogs is credible, responsible, intelligent and informative. We can not guarantee that subscribers who comment on our Blogs will tell the truth, and we will not monitor the veracity of names and positions or the content of any posts. However, by setting out the above guidelines, we hope to raise the credibility of the discussion and foster a spirit of open, honest exchanges of information.
TERMS OF — USE
We urge and encourage participants posting comments on the Blogs to include their full name in any comment and to disclose any positions, jobs or other relevant facts that might flavor or influence their opinions in their postings. The idea is that by divulging this type of information, it will help foster a more credible and open dialogue.
A WORD ABOUT COMPLAINTS REGARDING COMMENTS AND BLOGS
SUMMARY OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DISCLAIMER
Some of the individuals posting to this site, including the moderators, work either directly or on contract for UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley. Opinions expressed here and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original authors, not of UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley. The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley or any other party. THIS SITE IS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC. NO PRIVATE, PROPRIETARY OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION SHOULD BE POSTED TO THIS SITE.
By posting you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload to the Website and release UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley from any liability related to your use of the Website. You expressly agree that UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind, that arises or results from comments posted on this blog.