Professional Development Series
This is Laura Lee Rose, a business and life coach that specializes in professional development, time management, project management and work-life balance strategies. In the Professional Development Toolkit, we to into the who, what, where, when, why and how in this various IT and project management topics in detail.
If you are interested in more training in these areas, please find out more information on the Professional Toolkit DVD.
It’s usually bad news when your job offer is put on hold. Sometimes the offer disappears. So what strategies can you employ to make sure you keep that offer alive even if the employer has to suspend plans for bringing you on board?
If you are interested in something outside your company – do the items for internal job offers AND add the following:
Add technical recruiters to your list of resources.
- Technical recruiters can skim and filter an abundance of positions for you, without having your resume out there for everyone to see
- Create a video or Youtube video resume for external recruiters to make use of.
Use your social media contacts
- Use your social media like LinkedIn.com or other professional pages. Keep your resume and profiles are accurate and relevant to the position that you are interested in
- Social media pages (such as Linkedin.com) have Job-Postings. Take the extra step to look up who actually posted that job and build a relationship with that person through that social media.
- Start conversations and discussions on your social media pages to be recognized as an expert in this area.
- Make use of Youtube.com to video your presentations, blogs, articles on relevant technical issues.
Create your own networking opportunities.
- See what types of networking or speaking engagements others in your ‘dream position’ will be attending in the future – and arrange to bump into them there.
- Post your speaking engagements and networking meetings on your professional media pages and invite your social network to those events.
- Post your articles, blogs and vlogs about this field – and follow-up with webinars and chats, to be recognized as an expert in this area.
Try it and let me know what you think.
In Professional Development Toolkit goes into this in detail.
If you liked the tips, the Book of Answers cover answers to similar 105 real-life IT professional situations. Find out more contact [email protected]
To subscribe to my free weekly professional tips newsletter, fill out the form at http://eepurl.com/cZ9_-/
The weekly newsletter contains tips on:
1) Time management
2) Career maintenance
3) Business networking
4) Work life balance strategies
If you haven’t taken advantage of your introductory time management coaching session, please contact [email protected]